Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Becoming by Michelle Obama (book review)

"Becoming" by Michelle Obama (Amazon)
 
Goodreads Rating: 4.69 stars
My Rating: 5 stars
Everyone is entitled to and should share their story with others. I love sharing my story with others and enjoy hearing others share their story with me. Don't ask me why I don't read many autobiographies or memoirs.  But after reading this, I will begin to read more.  
I requested this book for Christmas, in hopes to start a new tradition of receiving books as gifts.  I am so grateful that I have received it! It was a great read to start for the new year. 
"Becoming", is not only a snapshot of who Michelle Obama is, but it is a book full of her life stories and lessons she has learned during her lifetime. Her family, her childhood, her educational experiences, the people she met and encountered, the places she has been, and the tasks she wanted to accomplish, helped in her becoming. 

The life lessons that she was taught along her lifetime are ones that we can benefit from.  Lessons that prove that growing up is infinite.  We don't stop becoming!  Lessons that we don't need to prove anything to anyone but ourselves.  Lessons that if we first fix ourselves than we can fix relationships with others. 
 
I understand why this book has been the #1 Bestseller.  The writing is flawless, clear, and easy to understand.  This book was very relatable and you can sense Mrs. Obama is very down to earth. 
 
I would recommend this book to everyone and anyone, despite your political affiliation.  This book does not promote any political side, nor does it share negative thoughts about the current government administration.  If you need a good book that will make you laugh, smile, cry, and feel encouraged, please give this book a chance.  You will not be disappointed.
 
I was not compensated in any way for this review.  This is my honest opinion, nor am I sharing my political views with this review.



No comments:

Post a Comment